Heed The Warning

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Moneen - Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now?

A few years ago I read a review of this album in my one of my local street press publications. The reviewer described Moneen as a cross between Jimmy Eat World and Saves The Day. I instantly thought 'Wow, that sounds pretty good, I'm gonna have to check that out'. I was lucky enough that my local record store had a copy. I checked it out, and I liked what I heard. Personally I don't think that Moneen sound at all like a Jimmy Eat World or Saves The Day. They definitely have influences from either band but their sound is much more founded in the world of art-punk. Sounds and noise frequently take the place of where most bands would use riffs. The main appeal of Moneen's music to me is the emotion that irradiates from all songs. Whether the songs be loud or quiet, the emotion and intensity still remains high. The highlight is the epic closing track, 'The Last Song I will Ever Want To Sing' demonstrates the band at their bipolar best.




Format: mp3
Bitrate: 192kbps
Genre: Alternative/Rock

1. Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now?
2. Start Angry... End Mad
3. To Say Something That Means Nothing To Anyone At All
4. With This Song I Will Destroy Myself
5. Closing My Eyes Won't Help Me Leave
6. I Have Never Done Anything For Anyone Else That Was Not For Me As Well
7. How To Live With The Thought That Sometimes Life Ends
8. Life's Too Short LIttle Ndugu
9. Thoughts Weigh Heavy... Don't Get Drowned In The Weight Of It All
10. The Last Song I Will Want To Sing

Myspace/Website

Download
Purchase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home